All products, designs & images shown are © 2006-2016 Stuart Fellowes All Rights Reserved
PROUDLY MADE IN SCOTLAND
Leanach Cottage, Invernesshire was built in the early 1700s to house workers on the Culloden estate. It was originally known as “Lionach” (Gaelic for ‘a wet plain’) It survived the battle of Culloden, 16 April 1746 and probably served as a field hospital for Government troops following the battle. The Barn, now demolished and once part of the cottage was set on fire by Government troops with around 30 Jacobite wounded inside.
The structure of Leanach is in the style of a typical Highland Scottish Croft house. Constructed with large rounded field stones and smaller boulders. The roof is a cruck frame covered by heather thatch
The cottage was inhabited until 1912. It has been restored, with some alterations, and stands next to the Visitor Centre at Culloden Battlefield.
Resin cast reproduction of Stuart Fellowes’ original sculpture.
H=55mm W=120mm D=105mm
A07 Old Leanach Cottage
Free postage to UK addresses Rest of the world = £5